Steak and Onion Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil
two 10-ounce bags frozen diced onions
8 ounces Deli sliced bottom round roast beef
1/4 cup cream sherry
2 cups water
one 14 1/2-ounce can beef broth
one 14 1/2-ounce can chicken broth
1 tablespoon ketchup
3 bay leaves
1 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
1 tablespoon beef base
1. Preheat saucepan on high for 2-3 minutes.
2. Place olive oil and onions in saucepan. Cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
3. Slice roast beef into 1/2-inch squares and set aside.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients (except roast beef), reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir roast beef into soup and cook for 2 minutes or until the roast beef is just heated. Remove bay leaves and discard. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
8 slices country potato bread
4 slices provolone cheese
4 slices Swiss cheese
butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
1/2 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
1. Preheat 2-sided tabletop grill.*
2. Lay out 4 slices of bread. Add 1 slice provolone and 1 slice Swiss to each bread slice.
3. Top each piece of bread with remaining bread slices. Spray tops of sandwiches with cooking spray.
4. Add sandwiches to grill, butter-side down.
5. Spray top of sandwiches with cooking spray and sprinkle with steak seasoning. Close lid over top of sandwiches and grill for 4 minutes. Serve.
*If grill is not available, sandwiches may be baked in oven at 400°F for 15 minutes. Turn once, halfway through cooking time.
Calories (kcal) 539; Total Fat (g) 19.5; Saturated Fat (g) 8.6; Cholesterol (mg) 66; Carbohydrate (g) 52.4; Dietary Fiber (g) 2; Protein (g) 33.8; Sodium (mg) 1429; Potassium (mg) 506; Calcium (mg) 437; Iron (mg) 4.9
Daily Values: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 16%; Calcium 44%; Iron 27%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware