1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 lb peeled/deveined shrimp (thawed, if needed)
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups instant white rice
1/3 cup diced pimientos
1/4 cup presliced green onions
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Chop cilantro leaves finely; set aside. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place butter in pan, then add garlic and shrimp (wash hands); cook 2–3 minutes, stirring often, or just until shrimp begin to turn pink.
- Combine water and rice in microwave-safe bowl and cover. Microwave on HIGH 5–7 minutes or until tender and most of the water is absorbed.
- Stir remaining ingredients (except cilantro) into shrimp. Cook 2–3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until onions are clear and shrimp are pink and opaque. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve over rice.
3 medium tomatoes
4 oz fresh watercress leaves
1 medium jicama (about 1 lb)
1 lemon, for juice
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch-thick slices; arrange 3 tomato slices on each salad plate. Place watercress leaves over tomatoes.
- Cut jicama into quarters; then peel. Cut each piece into thin slices; then stack slices and cut into thin, uniform matchsticks (about 2 cups). Mound jicama over watercress.
- Squeeze juice of lemon over salads. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.