1 lb Bakery pizza dough
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1 lb mild Italian sausage (or 4 links)
1 small green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 small red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 small sweet onion, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup pizza sauce
2 cups shredded (or fresh) mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove dough from refrigerator and let stand 1 hour (do not remove from bag until stand time completed).
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add sausage; brown 5–6 minutes, stirring to crumble sausage, and until no pink remains. Let stand 2–3 minutes to cool. Meanwhile, chop peppers and onion.
- Prepare crust. Flour hands lightly and pat dough evenly into lightly greased or nonstick pizza pan. (Or turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll to desired thinness.)
- Top crust with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, peppers, onions, and sausage. Brush outer edge of crust with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 18–25 minutes (depending on thickness of pizza) or until crust is golden, cheese is melted, toppings are thoroughly heated, and sausage is 160°F. Let stand 5 minutes. Slice and serve. (Makes 8 servings.)
1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
1 bag baby arugula leaves (4–5 oz)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (6-oz) can marinated artichoke hearts, drained
1/4 cup peppercorn ranch dressing
- Chop tomato. Place all ingredients in salad bowl.
- Toss and serve.