1 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 package fully cooked pork roast (15 oz)
1 (15-oz) can seasoned black beans (undrained)
2 tablespoons sofrito (Spanish cooking sauce)
2 cups instant rice
1 medium onion
- Place water, oil, and salt in medium saucepan and cover; bring to boil for rice.
- Transfer pork roast (including juices) to microwave-safe baking dish; top with black beans and sofrito. Cover loosely; microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Cook rice following package instructions.
- Break pork roast apart, using two forks. Stir until blended; microwave on HIGH for 2 more minutes to blend flavors.
- Slice onion thinly. Fluff rice with fork. Spoon pork and black beans on rice; top with onions and serve.
1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
1 bag romaine salad blend (5-10 oz)
1 cup grape tomatoes
1/2 cup matchstick carrots
1 tablespoon cooked bacon pieces
juice of 1/2 lime
2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- Slice pepper; chop cilantro.
- Place salad blend, tomatoes, carrots, bacon, peppers, and cilantro in salad bowl.
- Squeeze juice of one-half lime into small bowl; whisk in salad dressing until blended. Add to salad; toss to coat. Serve.