1 medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup stuffed green olives, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup diced tri-pepper mix (fresh diced green, red, yellow bell peppers)
1 1/4 lb ground meatloaf blend (beef/pork)
1/2 teaspoon adobo with pepper seasoning
1 (14.5-oz) can stewed tomatoes (undrained)
1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
6 frozen large tostones
1 large egg (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Chop onion and olives. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes.
- Place oil in pan, then add onions and peppers; cook 2–3 minutes or until soft. Add meatloaf mix, olives, and seasoning; cook 4–5 minutes and until no pink remains. Add tomatoes and tomato sauce. Mash tomatoes with spoon to break apart; cook 2–3 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Spoon one-half of the meat mixture into 13- x 9-inch baking dish; top with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and tostones. Whisk egg and water until blended; pour over tostones. Repeat meat and cheese layers. Cover with foil; bake 30–40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5–6 minutes before serving
1 medium cantaloupe
1 small jicama
1/2 lime, for juice
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cut cantaloupe into bite-size pieces (3 cups); cut jicama into quarters, then peel. Cut 2-3 quarters into bite-size pieces (2 cups). Place both in medium bowl.
- Cut cantaloupe into bite-size pieces (3 cups); cut jicama into quarters, then peel. Cut 2–3 quarters into bite-size pieces (2 cups).
- Place both in medium bowl. Squeeze one-half lime for juice (1 teaspoon, or more to taste) over top.
- Chop cilantro. Stir in remaining ingredients. Let stand 5–10 minutes for flavors to blend. Stir and serve.